Hazrat Ali (R.A), the fourth Caliph of Islam asked the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) one day about the principles which governed his general behaviour. He replied:
- Knowledge is my Capital.
- Reason is the basis of my Relegion.
- Desire is my mount for Riding.
- Zikr (Remembrance) of Allah the Almighty is my Comrade.
- Confidence is my Treasure.
- Anxiety is my Companion.
- Science is my Arm.
- Patience is my Mantle.
- Contentment is my Booty.
- Modesty is my Pride.
- Renunciation of pleasure is my Profession.
- Certitude is my Food.
- Truth is my Intercessor.
- Obedience is my Grandeur.
- Struggle is my habitude and the delight of my heart is Prayers.